[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations 23/24

----- Original Message -----
From: Malcolm J Currie <mjc@jach.hawaiidot edu>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 1999 3:27 AM

>Where would the radiant be now, NE Pegasus?  I do doubt that it was a
>Perseid this early.

I would agree with you Malcolm, it probably is to early for the Perseids.
The IMO lists the activity period at July 17 to August 24 but I also feel
July 17th may be a little late. Our observers have been reporting Perseids
earlier than that for several years now. A quick look at the last two years
had the first Perseid in 1997 being reported by James Smith in New Brunswick
on July 10/11. Last year was even earlier....Thomas Lazuka in Indiana
reported 2 Perseids on July 2nd.

Mark

Follow-Ups: References: