[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations 23/24

I agree that it is quite early for Perseids, but this one fits the description. It was the right length and speed. It hit the radiant if I projected it 50 days from maximum. The plot was very accurate, because the meteor appeared almost in the center of my field of view.

So the best explanation is that the Perseid radiant is not active yet and that this meteor just lined up with the projected radiant?

If so, I will label this meteor as a sporadic.

Clear skies!

Jure