[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: something over the skies of D.C

Are you sure this wasn't 9:30 Pm?? I saw a -8 fireball from Md at this
time. Also arcing SSE

John N

Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com> on 06/24/99 06:08:50 PM

Please respond to meteorobs@jovian.com

cc:   lynn rickman <lynnie_2@yahoo.com>
Subject:  (meteorobs) Fwd: something over the skies of D.C

List, here's another possible report of the fireball Kevin K. noted?

Lynn, it sounds like you were the privileged witness of a very bright
meteor, better known as a "fireball"! I'd strongly recommend that you
try to report all the details of what you saw (any one seemingly insig-
nificant detail may be important). Below are Web forms you can use to
report your sighting directly into an international database of similar
sightings. Your details may help contribute to our scientific knowledge,
and may also help in locating a meteorite fall if one happened to be
associated with this particular fireball!

Fireball Report Form on the Web:

    http://www.imodot net/fireball/report.html

If you'd rather use a form you can print out and mail via postal mail,
use the North American Meteor Network Fireball Report Form, available
for print-out from the Web at:

    http://web.infoavedot net/~meteorobs/reports.html

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>

NOTE: Lynn is not a current subscriber to the 'meteorobs' mailing list.
If any of you choose to reply or followup, be sure to MANUALLY place the
address 'lynnie_2@yahoo.com' in the "CC:" line of your message!