From: "exceld77" <excel@sioldot net>
To: <meteorobs@latrade.com>
Subject: (meteorobs) Tunguska bolide & Beta taurid stream
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:12:40 +0200

I just saw on Discovery Arthur Clarke's mysterious world (I know it should
not be regarded as a real scientific programme, but still) the episode on
Tunguska explosion. In the end, he links it to the Beta Taurid stream as the
most probable source of the meteoroid. This somewhat contradicts what I've
read. Some sources say that the meteoroid was actually a 50-m asteroid from
the Apollo family, others say it was a mini-comet. Which do you favour and
which is now accepted to be true?

Clear Skies

Jure

P.S. - I know I've posted quite a lot of questions in a short time, hope you
don't mind.