[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Very unusual meteor??? Re-entry??? Little green men??? I...

John N<<
 I will try to give you an idea of the shape below, since it was so unusual.

 Zzz
 Zzzzz
 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 Zzzzzz
 Zzzzz
 Zzzz
 Zzz
 Zz

 This is not a very good representation, but gives an idea of what I mean by
 large flat head, off center trail.
 So..... What do you think?<<

I think you seen a lot of meteor observers in various stages of sleep? I'm
sure Joseph assmus might have a better opinion in that area?

 If I followed you right in your description, you said it was about half the
diameter of the moon. A full moon being about half a degree, this would put
your meteor at about 1/4 degree in size. Kinda small to note if the trail was
very far off center for reals or not. Perhaps a perception mistake? Actually
I don't know.
GeoZay