[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Are Xi Draconids same stream as June Lyrids?

 Marco>>That same June, Bob Lunsford and George Zay reported (independantly
from
 my observation) a low level activity over several nights from a similar
 radiant. While the stream thus was noted by more than one observer in
 1996, the surge I observed near 22:40 UT on June 15 has as far as I know
 not been observed by any other observer, which is very unfortunate
 because confirmation of these kind of events is important.<<

We (Bob and I) Definitely did not see an outburst of Xi Draconids that year
as Marco did...only an apparent indication that unfamiliar activity may be
occuring.

 Marco>>Stan Dvorak was an American observer who observed a surge of 13
meteors
 (and a low number of sporadics in addition) in 90 minutes time from a
 radiant about 20 degrees south of the 1996 radiant from his observing
 site at La Mesa (CA) on June 15 1966.

I'd like for him try observing now from La Mesa. :o)  I currently live in La
Mesa and  light pollution is alive and well here.
GeoZay