[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NASA News articles

In a message dated 6/26/99 3:48:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au writes:

<< Thus, I really do suspect there is a basis to what you describe, but I
 believe it is a consequence of probabilities and that a major storm would
 occur in this exclusion zone if the Earth/dust trail geometry is correct. >>

Rob -- I understand what you are suggesting . . . which is why I found your
article in WGN so interesting!  Based on your dynamical predictions, you and
David are suggesting that we will encounter the "absolute" Leonid peak in
2001 . . . whereas from my mainly "historical" viewpoint, 1999 would be the
year that the Leonids will reach their primary maximum.  Although I believe
both your m.s. and mine probably arrived on Marc Gyssens desk at just about
the same time, I was happy that he will be publishing each article
separately.  It will give readers an opportunity to "digest" what each of us
have written and then, when all is said and done we can do nothing more than
leave it up to the Leonids to determine who is correct!

-- joe rao