[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Is NAMN and the ALPO Meteor Section needed?

George,
            Speaking only for myself, I can say that NAMN has done more than
either the IMO or the AMS in keeping the "lowliest of the low"  up to date on
meteor information.  I have only tentatively gotten myself involved with the AMS
and IMO, as the NAMN fees were free, thereby offering me a chance to test the
waters, so to speak, and see how far I really wanted to commit myself.  I recieve
timely  bulletins and all the online help I ask for.  Not that that wouldn't be
available elsewhere.
            Now that I have joined the IMO, I await to see if I get as much
up-to-the-minute info, alerts, and bulletins as currently provided by NAMN --
free of charge.
            I have noticed also that Meteorobs comes under the auspices of NAMN
-- does it not?  Please point me to a similar service offered by the AMS, ALPO,
or the IMO...
                                    Not just passing through,
                                                                        Kim S.
Youmans