[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Tunguska bolide & Beta taurid stream

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Mark Davis wrote:
> Do you, or anyone for that matter, know if Harvey Nininger was able to
> calculate such orbits. I thought I had read somewhere at some time, that he
> was, but I may be mistaken. In any event, he was successful in recovering
> them.

It has been many years since I read any of Nininger's books or papers, but
my recollection was that he used eye-witness sightings basically to home
in on the meteorite alone.  Perhaps he did derive trajectories or orbits,
but I don't recall.

Cheers, Rob