[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Tunguska bolide & Beta taurid stream

In a message dated 6/27/99 10:38:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MeteorObs@charlestondot net writes:

> Do you, or anyone for that matter, know if Harvey Nininger was able to
>  calculate such orbits. I thought I had read somewhere at some time, that he
>  was, but I may be mistaken. In any event, he was successful in recovering
>  them.

I took a quick look through my H.H. Ninninger text books and saw no example
of him figuring out the orbits of his future meteorites. What he did though
was to figure out the directional travel of the fireball through interviews
of the local farmers. This was how he determined on where the fall actually
was.
BTW, at the time he discovered 2/3s of all the meteorites in the U.S.

Kevin K