[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Zay vs Davis

Dear Mr. E.L. Jones:

I could never have said anything as wonderful as you.  I'm sure most on this
list do feel your way.

Even us adults come here to learn.  Just the other day on the way to work I
was thinking about the children who also come to learn.  What about them???
It's bad enough that some children must see their own parents fight...that
they must see the bloody mess of school shootings, the news media,
newspapers, etc.

I "AM" an amature at all this observing of the sky.  I "MUST" learn. I will
tell all on this list that I've learned to go beyond the 'fighting' by just
deleting those emails if I chose. But I will also add that I've learned
much!

The sky has been very cloudy here in Lizella, Georgia.  Plus my job takes me
most days away from home until 10pm.  So my job at this point gets into my
way for the most part.  On the bright side of things...my husband just
surprised me with a Meade ETX-90EC Astro Telescope with Electronic
controller, computer, etc.  On Christmas Day he gave me a Celestron 4.5"
Newtonian Telescope.  I guess we are going to have to build an observatory
soon...seems like.

I'm interested in the sky in general.  Perhaps I'm sort of not on the
correct list...but on the other hand...this list has taught me so much that
I'm very grateful. Just to listen to the entire world speak is a blessing to
me. It shows that we can live in harmony. I'm sorry if this is also off
topic. But I feel for the children and I want them to know that this is a
good list to be on. It's not a battle to the finish..dot it's full of wonderful
facts and interesting articles. And all the authors who come together just
to speak...isn't that truly amazing? It's good for the children of the world
to see that we all can speak on level ground.
Thank  you,
Starr Hernandez