[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) WELCOME TO NEW 'meteorobs' SUBSCRIBERS!

We have had some 250 new subscribers in the past five months - many of whom
stayed with us both through the blizzard of posts in recent weeks, as well
as the lull in posts during the "Meteor Doldrums" earlier this year.

This is just a quick note to say WELCOME to meteorobs to all of you! Sit
back, relax and listen in to the conversation on the list. Then once you
feel a little more comfortable, please feel free to send us a short
introduction of yourselves: who you are; where you're coming from (just
starting out in astronomy, or new to meteors, or been observing them for
years, whatever!); and last but not least, any special interests you have
in the field.

The 'meteorobs' list is designed especially for BOTH the wizened meteor
expert and the brand new observer, so don't be shy with questions either!
Again, to post a message to the subscribers on the list, just send it as
an email message *to the following address*:

    meteorobs@jovian.com

Also, note that you can now browse all previous postings to meteorobs via
an *indexed Web archive*. It contains all the messages sent to the list,
sorted by month and topic, and is updated about twice per month:

  http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/maillist-months.html

There is also keyword searching available for the archive at:

  http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/keysearch.html

Lastly, if the VOLUME OF MAIL from 'meteorobs' ever gets to be too much,
please keep in mind that there is also a "Digest" version of our list! One
message a day instead of 10 or 20, packed with all the list posts for that
day in one easy-to-read, compact format.

If you're interested in the digest, let me know. And again, welcome!

Lew Gramer
owner-meteorobs@jovian.com
owner-netastrocatalog@jovian.com