[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) VLF Detector

me<<
 Some years ago, there was a short article in Meteor News with the plans on
 building a very simple looking VLF detector for fireball generated
 electrophonic noise. I don't know which issue? I had it around somewhere and
 just went thru everything at my house looking for it. It's most likely in my
 observatory. >>

I just found the issue of Meteor News that had the instructions on how to
construct a device for monitoring electrophonic sounds produced by bright
fireballs. It was in the Fall of 1995 issue, Number 110. The article is from
John A. Kennewell, from Exmouth, Australia. For those who are interested and
have recently already made arrangements with me to acquire a copy of my
meteor observing guidebook, I will photocopy this article and insert inside
the book. It's about a 3 page article. It is extremely simple to do. If you
can change batteries in a flashlight, you should be able to construct this
device as well.
GeoZay