[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: List Performance Testing...

Wow, our lists are quite slow nowadays! I sent one message to the Meteor
List with Web Archiving **turned off** - trying to test the impact of that
feature on forward times. It took 20 minutes! The message with Archiving
back on took 28 minutes... a small but significant difference.

Still, neither time will be acceptable come Leonids (or even Perseids) time!
Our mail host owner has very kindly taken several steps to speed up sendmail
on this server, but I guess I am wondering if any of our list members might
have sufficient expertise with sendmail on Linux (or any other platform) to
help us increase list response this Summer?

If you could volunteer any information, pointers, time, etc. to help, you
could be sure of the gratitude of many members of the world meteor community.
If you think you might be able to help, please contact me at the address
below! After all, there's many different ways to help science... :)

Clear skies and quick forwards!
Lew Gramer
owner-meteorobs@jovian.com
owner-netastrocatalog@jovian.com