[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs & sonic booms

rob<<
 I have discussed the subject of fireball electrophonics with Colin Keay on
 several occasions.  It is his belief that hair, spectacles or long thin
 structures like pine needles are the transducers to audible sounds.

Just for the record, I have hairy arms and a full complement on my head. I
also wear reading glasses around my neck for close up viewing. At the
observatory I'm missing the pine needles, but at work the station is
surrounded with lots of pine trees. I haven't heard any unusual buzzing,
crackling or other electrophonic like sounds occuring in my head from there.
:o)
GeoZay