[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs & sonic booms

Lew,

Sorry if you got the incorrect impression that I too was saying, I've
not heard any, therefore the sounds don't exist.  As most of my
observations were from rural locations, there might well not be any
suitable metallic structures nearby.  It wasn't facetiously.  (The bit
about quadrophonic audio, however, was tongue firmly in cheek.)  Rather,
a negative observation can help to understand the physics.

On the dental hypothesis...  Due to a loathing of toothpaste, an
incomplete brushing technique and a sweet tooth in my youth, I did
have metal fillings during my visual observing prime.

There was a case of a man in Britain picking up the BBC Third
Programme on his dentures.  Not sure if it's apocryphal.

Malcolm