[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) -19 MagitUDE?!

Jure<<  If I recall right there was a -20 Leonid above Hong Kong last year...

During last years Leonid fireball fest, Lunsford and I saw the sky lit up in
front of us where the stars disappeared and the sky turned daylight blue from
a very bright Leonid. Estimated magnitude was roughly between -16 to -19. One
of my guided cameras had a portion of my observatory in the frame at the
time. The resultant image clearly shows a non smeared observatory from the
brief reflected light. Similar frames before and after showed the observatory
as a smear because of the constant movement of the guided camera.
GeoZay