[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Fireballs & sonic booms

Lew and All,

In over 30 years of observing and the observation of over 50,000 meteors
I have never observed a meteor that produced a simultaneous sound.

Too bad Graham Wolf of New Zealand is not on this list as he claims to
have heard and and seen many meteors simultaneously, often more than
once
per night!

Unfortunately claims like these are most difficult to believe and must
be
related to some totally different phenomena.

Just my 2 cents!

Bob