[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs & sonic booms

markku>> I turned swiftly
and looked directly at the right place in the sky where it had happend and
only then I realize that I knew (or should I say: knew roughly) the right
place
in the sky because of the sound.  Realizing that I had reacted automatically
without thinking of my moves and reactions, was a wild sensation by itself.
I'm
and I was absolutely sure that it was the sense of hearing the sound in 3D
that
help me to locate the right spot instantly, not the illumination around me.<<

How would you know where a sound transmitted by electromagnetic means came
from? It would be like knowing where a transmitter was for any songs heard
over a radio for any given random frequency you tune to?  Personally I don't
know anyone who can change to an unknown radio station and be able to say it
was located in any particular direction with only their senses to go on.
GeoZay