[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs & sonic booms

If a shadow is clearly seen, rather than confuse, this gives a powerful
cue as to the direction to look.  The only times I have been confused as
to direction from a flash on the ground is when it is very faint and I
then instinctively look up and around until I see something.

Regarding George's comments on hair style, spectacle frames etc he should
note that Colin Keay did laboratory tests in which VLF radiation was
apparently heard by subjects who had longer hair or were wearing
spectacles.  I can't remember the exact details, but his comments are
based on experiment.

Cheers, Rob

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au