[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) TIME-SENSITIVE QUERY: NZ Daylight Bolide July 7 1999

At 01:02 PM 1999-07-12 -0400, you wrote:
> [...]
[snip]
>...Regret
>unable to recommend release of SR71 from Moffet Field, due to
>obstrcution and misinformation by national media authorities.... could
>not establkish possible stratospheriv aerosols until the 15hr "window of
>opportunity had elapsed, and frontal/rain weather was imminent.....

WOW... for a BOLIDE, an SR-71 Blackbird would be flown to the site to
attempt to collect atmospheric debris??!! I guess I don't really object,
but I'm VERY surprised such a mission would be considered to be of such
potential value as to spend all those tens of millions of dollars!!

SteveH