[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

                                                  **ACM 1999 meeting**

 6th circular to members of the IAU C-22 Pro-Am Working Group

                                               Date: July 10, 1999

Workshop "The Leonids: slides and guides", Wednesday July 28, 14-17:00
                               Harvard Room, Statler Hotel, Ithaca, NY

This year's Asteroids Comets, Meteors meeting at Cornell University,
Ithaca, New York, is a new opportunity to strengthen the bonds between
amateur and professional meteor observers. As proposed by IAU C-22
Pro-Am Working Group member Jim Richardson, and supported by IAU C-22
president Jack Baggaley, we will meet for an ACM Workshop in the Harvard
Room of the Statler Hotel on Wednesday July 28, between 14:00 and 17:00
local time.

The workshop will be a show and tell of recent projects that involve
the participation of amateur observers. Many such
projects occurred during the recent Leonid shower. Hence, we chose as a title
"The Leonids: slides and guides". We welcome more informal reports on
last year's campaigns, which did not get sufficient time in the main
program, with an emphasis on plans for the upcoming Leonid campaign.
We will have various audiovisual means to our disposal.
We also welcome reports of other ongoing activities, such as the
fireball networks, the forward meteor scatter networks, and other
activities that involve amateur meteor observers. The talks are open
to both professional and amateur observers.

If you would like to make a presentation during this workshop, please contact
me at e-mail: peter@max.arc.nasadot gov. I will prepare an agenda.

Peter Jenniskens

President IAU C-22 Pro-Amat Workinggroup

 Peter Jenniskens

   The SETI Institute                    e-mail: peter@max.arc.nasadot gov
   NASA Ames Research Center                tel: (650) 604-3086
   Mail Stop 239-4                          fax: (650) 604-1088
   Moffett Field, CA  94035-1000

   http://leonids.arc.nasadot gov/pjenniskens.html

                      1999 Leonid MAC    http://leonid.arc.nasadot gov
                      1998 Leonid MAC    http://leonids.arc.nasadot gov