[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs & sonic booms

Rob McNaught wrote:

> Regarding George's comments on hair style, spectacle frames etc he should
> note that Colin Keay did laboratory tests in which VLF radiation was
> apparently heard by subjects who had longer hair or were wearing
> spectacles.  I can't remember the exact details, but his comments are
> based on experiment.

  I don't have spectacles, but longish hair I have had most of my life.
So, I could buy the idea of hair being as a receiver or something, but
not that the sound might had occured in my hair as a discharge of static
electricity when electromagnetic radiation from the fireball hit my hair.
I would have located that sound nearer to my left or right ear and I
think I would have feeled it too.

Markku