[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Pegasids and ZHRS

Hello All,
           With cloudy skies and too much lightning, I've been forced to
rely on the few visual reports coming in regarding the July Pegasids.  I
found two reports to be of interest... Marco Langbroek did not appear to
include any Pegasids on his report though he saw 48 meteors in less than
three hours of Teff, while Josep MĒ Trigo i Rodriguez saw six Pegasids
in 1.05 hrs of Teff on July 11th -- from a shower who's ZHR is 3.
         I saw two  pre-peak Pegasids on 07- 09/10  during a 1.16 Teff
period, and I thought that was high...The night before I recorded 27
meteors in two periods, which is very high compared to the rates I've
been getting all year.  I was unsure of the radiant that night, however,
because I didn't get to look it up in time due to a too-busy schedule,
so I logged everything as SPO.
        One more thought...does it really cost "tens of millions" just
to send up an SR-71 for one flight?  That sounds a tad expensive for any
aircraft, but I'm no pilot...
        Outbursts, All        Kim Youmans