[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseid stream spread (was: NAMN Notes: July 1999)

Wayne makes the point (I think) that there are a number of other radiants
which are much larger, even based on true radar and photographic studies!
However, many of those are Ecliptic radiants, subject to a wide variety of
well-understood perturbations, and some actually represent more radiant
"complexes" than true single-stream radiants.

Last I looked though, Perseus was pretty far off the Ecliptic! ;> So my
question is, "Why is the Perseid radiant so large in diameter"?

Clear skies, and thanks for the clarifying questions, guys!

Lew