[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseid stream spread (was: NAMN Notes: July 1999)

<<

 Wayne makes the point (I think) that there are a number of other radiants
 which are much larger, even based on true radar and photographic studies!
 However, many of those are Ecliptic radiants, subject to a wide variety of
 well-understood perturbations, and some actually represent more radiant
 "complexes" than true single-stream radiants.

 Last I looked though, Perseus was pretty far off the Ecliptic! ;> So my
 question is, "Why is the Perseid radiant so large in diameter"?

 Clear skies, and thanks for the clarifying questions, guys!