[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radiant Diameter vs Radiant Activity

Geokelly<<
 George:   In regard to the apparent thickness of meteor streams, have you
 considered the angles at which Earth enters the meteor streams?   Earth
 crossing a physically narrow stream nearly perpendicular to the orbit of
 the meteor stream will pass through the stream more quickly than if the
 angle is much smaller.

George, I pretty much had that in mind when I asked the original question.
From what lew posted in another message, I think I understand what is going
on but may not be able to put it into words at the moment. I believe the
answer I'm looking for has something to do with particles  with other
slightly different orbits will give the appearance of a streams width here on
earth. Actual stream thickness has nothing to do with apparent radiant
diameter if I understand this correctly?
GeoZay