[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Electrophonic Sounds.

Hi to all

It been a while since I've posted but rest assured, I am still observing.
One of the latest topics on electrophonic has sparked some debate on the list.

I try to keep an open mind on these things, even though I haven't heard what I could definitely call an electrophonic sound.  I am waiting for an event where there is several of our group observing, what we have organised is that if we think we heard a sound accompanying the meteor/fireball we write it down on the form we are using to record the hour, or if we are using a tape recorder we have a notepad with us to record the observation of sound.

At the end of the hour we bring it up and compare forms to confirm the validity of the observation.  I would think that if two or observers independently observe/hear a sound without the other observers saying anything at the time it is a good indication that a sound was actually heard and it was not just a psychological effect with one observer.

Any comments on this method.  To me it seems fairly logical and good in practice.

Bye for now.