[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs)Thought on Iridium

Thinking more about the Iridium satellites, I personally don't consider them
a problem....actually I rather enjoy seeing their presence once in a while.
They don't last long....perhaps up to around 20 seconds? As a meteor
observer, I don't consider the trail of other satellites in the early evening
or early morning as a problem either. Again I welcome their presence. They
sorta give me a welcoming moment and a slight change of pace for a few
moments...particularly when activity is very slow. I seldom have one bright
enough to catch on film and when I do, I don't see it as a big deal. Now
airplane lights is another story around here....they are bright, very
numerous and criss cross the skies every few minutes. They can ruin the
composition of a nice sky photograph, but very seldom ruin a frame for
scientific purposes.
GeoZay