[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Back to the Moon: Apollo 11 Revisited

My father told me I should look at the NY Times
online. Since most of you don't have a login, here's
the article:

--------------------------
People of a certain age remember watching television
in the small hours of the morning one summer day in
1969 as Neil Armstrong made his giant leap for
mankind. With the 30th anniversary of the event next
Tuesday, there are plenty of places on the Internet to
relive (or get a taste of) those heady days.

The History Place's site, for instance,
(www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/apollo11) tells the
story of Apollo 11 from launching to landing in words,
sounds and pictures (including a shadowy
black-and-white video image of Armstrong descending
the ladder to the moon surface). The Lunar and
Planetary Institute, a NASA-financed organization in
Houston, maintains a Web site with pages for all the
Apollo missions

(http://www.lpi.usradot edu/expmoon/apollo_landings.html).

Fans of the space program may also want to visit a
memorial site for Pete Conrad, who was killed in a
motorcycle accident last week. At www.peteconrad.com,
the site contains photographs and tributes to
Conrad, the third person to walk on the moon.

===
Asaf Shtull-Trauring, Amateur Astronomer