[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #72

Terry,

> Please bear with me. My first post...

Welcome.

> network of communication sats) won't be allowed to go to waste. Having the
> ability to cell phone from anywhere in the world is a desireable objective.

To those who wish to escape the telephone, it might be a nightmare.

> Ref: the use of CCD low light video cams for meteor observing. I was

This is being done expertly by amateurs.  Check out

   http://www.imodot net/video/index.html

and links therein.  I notice that the editor of Sky and Telescope has
now taken note (in connexion with the brief Leonid burst in 1997) of
amateur video observations of meteors, although it's been going on for
more than a decade.

There's more to observing meteors than obtaining accurate data...

Malcolm