[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: The Leonid Meteor Outburst of 1997

George Zay wrote:
>Wouldn't they have to be touching for there to be electrostatic cohesion?

I should hope so! :) But the real question is whether they MIGHT have been
cohesed... As Tony says, there may be no way to tell now whether it really
WAS a "solid" meteoroid, or rather a "complex" of cohesed particles. But
at the least, we could guess whether the individual components MIGHT have
been cohesed before encountering tidal effects from Earth's gravity. If
they had been travelling too far apart beforehand, clearly not...

Clear skies all!
"Eyelid Toothpicks" Lew