[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Digital 8 Video Cameras

+AD4-Hi Robert:
+AD4- Thank you for your email and comments regarding digital-8 cameras. I
+AD4-didn't think they would work, but I thought I would ask to make sure. I
+AD4-already have a surplus 2nd generation image intensifier for experimenting
+AD4-with. Unfortunately, it has a burnt spot on the cathode.

It is a 25 mm tube

This is perfect for canon SCC 50mm1,2 lens

+AD4- I would like to use it for spectroscopy but the 25 mm tube is even
+AD4-too small for use with the 600 g/mm grating that I have.

(you can make a optical adjustment to go to 25mm )

Unlike films most intensifier are not very sensitive for a broad spectrum
(you might miss some lines)
the 3e generation  (form +ACQ-5000and up ) are more IR long wave sensitive than
the
2e and 1e gen. but for meteors there are NOT a better choice than a 2e or 1e
gen.
The 1e  generation spectrum sensitivity is very good for our purpose but the
lack
light intensifier capability (so in the past we used 2e generation
intensifiers
25mm)

Just recently we bought a new 3steps 1e generation (25mm only +ACQ-1750,+AD0-)
This new designed tube (from delft instruments DEP) has 3 intensifiers of
the 1e gen. in one tube (one on  one increasing the others)
this increase sharpness (less grain ) and has a more broad spectrum
sensitivity
We are now in the testing face of this project
And we will use them in a live broadcast in November whit Digital Video
cameras

I'm looking for a
+AD4-grating with less dispersion. Also a better quality intensifier . Can
you
+AD4-recommend where to get a better intensifier? Also, how much does a high
+AD4-quality one cost?

If this one is gets by our test we will recommend this to you

+AD4-
+AD4-Best regards:
+AD4-
Robert Haas
DMS Delphinus

Robert R. Haas, Delphinus Meteor Observation Team
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS),The Netherlands
E-mail: delpsurf+AEA-cistrondot nl
Website: http://delpsurf.www.cistrondot nl/