[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Automated video detection of meteors

George wrote:

> Get about a dozen of these video cameras working worldwide and soon there
> won't be any need for visual observers recording data. Might as well take up
> fishing or prospecting.  :o)

And Jure added:

> I sure do agree with George! We have to put an end to this!!
> Sirko stop it... ...or else :))

Well folks, if _you_ promise to observe next February 10 hours each
night at -10 deg centigrade, full moon, and minimum sporadic activity,
I'll switch off my system. :-)

You should see that not as something competiting with visual observers,
but as an useful addition. Everybody knows how big the gaps in monitoring
meteor activity through the year are, even if we collect data from all
over the world. Video systems will help to make these gaps smaller, and to
overcome them eventually.

Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *