[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Automated video detection of meteors or why the heck am I out...

 joseph>>Bob says it perfectly....and as one who has been watching and
counting meteors nearly 20 yrs now,
 that my meteorobs have now become "useful scientific data" is just the icing
on the cake.... Likewise,  just
 because we have Keck I and II, HST, etc.. Has this discouraged folks from
going to their backyards and peering
 at Saturn with a lowly 4" DOBs.. or whatever    I think not!

No it doesn't stop one from looking at Saturn with their 4" DOB, but compared
to Keck 1 and II and HST etc, how much usefulness do you think any of your
data is gonna be with advanced equipment like that around? The viewing maybe
enjoyable, but any significant contributions looking at Saturn with a 4"
scope would probably be close to nil or none.
GeoZay