[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Hello?? Still in meteors? (in private)

Hi Lew, hi fellow meteorobs,

Yes I am still alive, reading nearly every message on the meteorobs mailing
list. Most interesting thread I followed recently was "Leonid Meteor
Outburst of 1997".
As an IT Manager you will easily understand that I was very busy with the
Y2K bug until now, tests are now at an end so I will be a little more free
for the following months.
I have indeed another astronomical project : our society has ordered a small
inflatable planetarium, which will be the first and only planetarium in New
Caledonia, it is still under custom clearance and I will be the trainer for
some "train the trainees" sessions for our members to be able to use the
planetarium in some school or public sessions. I also intended to go to
France to watch the August 11th eclipse and by the way the Perseids but for
various reasons (and mainly for high costs of travel), I will stay in New
Caledonia, ready for Leonids and others.

Clear skies for all,

Jean-Christophe 'Papou' Millot
22d17mS, 166d28mE