[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Tape Recorder

bob<<
 Kevin and All,
 It's better for that to happen now than during the Perseid maximum. If
 you purchase another recorder I would suggest checking the tape every
 hour or so to verify that it is indeed recording. That way only a
 fraction of your night's efforts go to waste should it malfunction.

Since Kevin says he only observed for about an hour and a half, perhaps he
would have been better off checking more frequently? Personally when using
the recorder, I check fairly often. Never timed it, but probably close to
about every fifteen or twenty  minutes. No doubt due to paranoia of having a
bummed recorder or tape.
GeoZay