[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) re: Watching For Fun

gregg<<
 Count me in, Bob, where watching for fun is concerned.

 I was once told, by one of our illustrious meteor-watchers,
 that what I did  - (my annual hobby of compiling Perseid observations,

 puttin' 'em all together in a catalog full of tables and graphs and
 a long narrative which quoted the oo's and ah's of observers, and
 sending
 it to those who sent me their observations) - was worthless and a
 waste
 of time. He couldn't seem to grasp the fact that I was doing it
 'cause I
 enjoyed it.

I can't remember too much about those conversations back then, but I do
remember Bob showing me a copy of your catalog with your various perseid
tables and graphs etc. At the time, Bob and I were both in agreement as to it
being worthless and a waste of time. He may have not said so on this list,
but we both had some good laughs over it.  Hey, whatever flips your
skirt...if it puts a smiley face above your neck more power to you. It put
one on ours. :o)  Regardless, for scientific purposes it was worthless and a
waste of time.
GeoZay