[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) re: Watching For Fun

Felix's message is right on target.  My own two year old, Amelia, can also
point out Venus and the Moon, and she frequently argues with me about
whether Venus is a planet or a star.  (She resolutely insists it's a star.)
 Young children are our best learners and, given a chance to look, seem to
love the night sky.
 --Tony

>It is also important to remember that it is never too early to engage
young children in the wonders of the"heavens" above.  My two-year old,
Jason, has already learned to enjoy and indentify both Venus & Mars in the
night sky.  Being involved in observing the night sky for almost thirty
years, this makes me all the more eager to show Jason even more of the
night sky, in coming years.  I guarantee you, that this will be for both
for the sheer enjoyment of it and for learning how to pursue observing in a
scientific manner.         In Astronomical Affinity - Felix