[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Watching For Fun

Robert:

Here!!! Here!!!  All hands for you.  What you had to say was right on the
money.  When people "grow up", they seem to forget what it was to be young
and NOT have the knowledge that it takes.  Today we must encourage our young
ones to advance.  Your words are to the point.

Do people think that we would have StarShine today if not for the young
people?  Do people think we would have female (I don't mean anything by
this) astronauts today if we never started out at all to advance ourselves?
If we do not surge forward, we will never go beyond our backyard...if even
that.

If a young child or beginner/amature (no matter what age) is interested in
surging forward, shouldn't we help that individual to excel?  It took the
world to create the Hubble Telescope...no matter how many confrontations.
It is taking the entire world to create the International Space Station...no
matter how many confrontations.  We cannot give up hope.  If we don't
encourage our children to look beyond their noses and backyards, they will
soon cease to exist and become vegetables.  Let them look.  Let them
explore.  Seeing is believing.  Believing is doing.  Doing is surging
forward.

Let's encourage our beginners/amatures with thoughts that even a $12.00 pair
of binoculars can one begin to see the world.
Thank you,
Starr Hernandez