[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2nd vs 3rd Generation Intensifiers

Talking about recording meteors with a video camera and an intensifier, a
topic has occurred to me to bring up while still in my "semi-literate" state.
:o)   What is better to use with a video camera, a 2nd Generation or a 3rd
generation intensifier? I believe I have a 3rd generation intensifier that I
got from STANO a few years back, but had trouble matching it with the video
camera I have. It seems the best I can see thru it is +1 magnitude stars with
a 50mm f1.4 lens. Any input?
GeoZay