[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Should Zay Stay or Go?

Kim>>On Sat, July 24, George Zay wrote>>>>Where was the Perseid radiant
located when you seen these meteors?<<

Unless you are referring to my grammar in some way, I think the above
question was reasonable? Trying to get a feel if these meteors could in any
way be Perseids. If the perseid radiant was near or below the horizon and/or
meteors were long and near the horizon, perseids could be suspected. Just
trying to ascertain some info to formulate an opinion.

Kim>>On Friday, July 23, George Zay wrote>>>I wished I was.<<

Okayyyy..... not sure what your referring to here, but appreciate your quote
all the same?

  Kim>> Excuse me George, but do you even have an education?  You purport to
be an authority on meteors and you find fault with 50% of the folks who
post to this list, yet you don't even appear to have command of the
English language? <<

Just a High School diploma Kim....never claimed to have anything more. Most
what I know is self taught. I also never claimed that I had command of the
English language, nor have I found any fault about anyone else's usage of it.
But I think most folks have a pretty good understanding of what I do say? If
you ever get a chance to read my meteor observing guidebook, I would
appreciate any grammatical corrections. No doubt it is chuck full with them.

 Kim>>Given your poor syntax, everything else you say
strikes me as petty pretentiousness.  I subscribe to meteorobs to learn
about meteors, not to promote a personality cult.  As for "voting" you
off the list, note my previous sentence.
Kim S. Youmans<<

Thank you for your response kim....I take that as a "get off" vote?
George