[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) MBK Team observations July 12/13

Hi All,
It seems to me that if you have 2 tape recorders and 2 observers you can
cover more sky that way (doh). The tape recorder doesn't need to learn
anything but the assistant will learn by doing. When I first started
observing, Wayne and I looked in adjacent directions, we covered twice the
sky and I learned by listening to him and doing. Of course it wasn't during
any major shower so there was plenty of time to talk about what is going on.
When a meteor flashed the talking stopped and the data taking began. We both
have the talking watches so if I was saying something and I heard his watch I
knew to keep quiet while he took down his data - and vica-versa.
Then the two of us used this learning technique w/ Tom K. and when he left
we're this doing it w/ Anne G..  Sure the data wasn't perfect the first time
out, but whose was?  Who honestly learns by standing on the side line rather
than getting into the game?
Now were covering 3 times the sky your "team" is covering.
Personally, I would get pretty bored with taking down someone elses data,
while none of what I saw was counted. Just my 2 cents...

Kevin K