[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #81

Terry<<
 Because I really enjoy photographing the night sky, I perused the
 suggestions for meteor photography on NAMS website.  They were excellent!<<

Thank you Terry. Since I first wrote that for NAMN a few years ago, I've made
many changes and additions to that article and added it into my Meteor
Observing Guidebook.

 Terry>>Before photgraphing night skies, always take a standard daylight
photo as
 the 1st picture on the roll.  This will allow processing technicians to
 properly align the negatives for cutting.  It is sometimes difficult for
 them to tell where the "frame boundaries" are with night shots, and they may
 inadvertantly cut your best negative in half!<<

Very good suggestion. As I do and also suggest in my guidebook that, "Before
the sun sets I usually write on an 8 1/2X 10 sheet of paper, pertinent
information about that nights coming photographic efforts. such as: date, my
name, lens, f/stop used, film type and location. I make the first exposure by
photographing this info". In my case, the first frame serves a dual purpose.
GeoZay