[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Upsilon Pegasids

Jure,

I have been watching for Upsilon Pegasids continually and during the
past few years rates have been very low, on the order of one or two per
4 hour session. This could easily be produced by sporadics lining up
with the proposed radiant.

I am a bit tough on this radiant as only meteors moving in an east or
west direction are considered. Most of the meteors traveling northward
actually come from Pisces Austrinus, Aquarius, or Capricornus. The
meteors traveling southward are usually Perseids. I would still keep an
eye out for this radiant but label them as "sporadic (possible UPG)".

My possible candidates have also been swift and faint for the most part.
The velocity of this possible radiant would be near 50 km/sec., just
slightly slower than the Perseids.

I hope this helps!

Bob