[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Angular velocities

bob>> It would seem to me
as one gains experience they would want to refine their methodology of
data collection to provide the most accurate estimates possible. This is
just my opinion but I personally believe that listing a meteor as having
an angular velocity of 6 degrees per second is more accurate and
provides more information than stating that it was a "2" on the numeric
scale.<<

It would be more practical to strive for the most accurate estimates usable
with the less hassle. 6 deg/s sounds more accurate, but this is also
determined from an observers guestimation of things. There is no real
measurement being done here.
geozay