[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: IMO Visual Handbook

"Malcolm J. Currie" wrote:

> Pleased to hear someone will be plotting in the UK.  The Brno set is
> the de facto standard, available from the IMO.  It's part of the
> "Handbook for Visual Meteor Observers", a mine of useful information
> and will tell you the modern methods for visual observing, especially
> plotting.  It's $20, about L13, including postage.  In the UK you can
> pay through Alastair McBeath in Morpeth.  See
> http://www.imodot net/member.html.  If you are serious about meteors,
> then joining IMO is a good idea.  There is a bi-monthly journal packed
> with recent observations, analysis, techniques, letters, and some
> history too.  The subscription is $25 per year including WGN.

Malcolm, David, and All,

With the increased interest in meteor observing it saddens me to
announce that the IMO Visual Handbook is currently out of stock. Unless
Alastair has some extra copies David, I would suggest purchasing the
Brno charts by themselves for only $5. There are still limited
quantities of the first edition of the IMO Visual Handbook available
from me for only $5 in the USA and and slightly more overseas.

It has been indicated to me that the IMO Visual Handbook will again be
updated so it could be quite awhile until it is back in stock. Let us
hope that sufficient copies are printed this time!

Bob Lunsford

Follow-Ups: References: