[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: IMO Visual Handbook

Bob Lunsford wrote:
> With the increased interest in meteor observing it saddens me to
> announce that the IMO Visual Handbook is currently out of stock. Unless
> Alastair has some extra copies David, I would suggest purchasing the
> Brno charts by themselves for only $5. There are still limited
> quantities of the first edition of the IMO Visual Handbook available
> from me for only $5 in the USA and and slightly more overseas.

Oh dear.  We should get the IMO Web page updated to include the Brno
charts as a separate item.

Are there copyright or fiscal problems preventing an online version of
the Handbook?  Surely Rainer still has the TeX source and images.  If
it were in LaTeX I could do a conversion to html.  I've tackled
conversions of a 500-page software manual and its thousands of
crosslinks.

This could be updated periodically without the long overheads in
producing a printed manual.

Malcolm