[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Barbie Dolls, Daycares, and a Worm

While the list has been discussing on and off topic subjects, Cathy Hall and
I have been putting the final touches to the next NAMN Notes. It should be
emailed out within a day or two, and for the new observers, has information
on observing the upcoming Perseids. In addition to sending to NAMN members,
I will also post a copy here and on our website.

One very timely bit of meteor info from this list which held me spellbound
was the recent chance we all had to cast our vote. Unfortunately, I was too
busy to get a chance to vote. But, it did remind me of a story concerning my
daughter. She is only 3 years old, and of course goes to a daycare. It was
their "show and tell" day, so she took her Barbie doll collection which is
a source of pride and enjoyment for her. From all the attention she began
to receive when telling of her many hours of experience with Barbie's, she
started getting "full of herself." So when the beginning and inexperienced
Barbie doll players asked her questions, her responses tended to be
offered in a somewhat abrasive manner.

But...as in many endeavors in life, she was not the only experienced
Barbie doll player in daycare. So some of these other students began to
complain about how she treated others. She would have nothing to do with
that! In fact, her ego had soared so high that she requested the class
vote on whether she should stay in class, or pack her Barbie's up and
leave. We are still awaiting the final vote, but it appears she will be
staying!

I get a kick out of 3 year olds! :-o

Clear skies!

Mark