[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Angular velocities

 bob>>Isn't it every serious observer's goal
to obtain the most accurate data possible?<<

Due to the relatively low levels that can be gained with the human senses,
you will come to a point that striving to gather even more highly accurate
data will still only be used for the same limited purposes.  If one had a gun
that fired an atomic bomb at a dart board sized bullseye, one shooter can
strive to be as accurate as possible to hit the bullseye. But another shooter
may not strive to be that accurate and misses the bullseye by several
feet....but in the end, differences in accuracy won't be noticed.

bob>> If new techniques appear
does one bury their head in the sand or analyze it with an open mind?<<

So does this mean you are thinking about setting up an automated video camera
system in the near future?

bob>>I would bet that down the road Pierre will look back at 1999 and feel he
has made great strides. Pierre is a competent observer now but in 2009
he will look back upon this discussion and smile at all the efforts to
"keep it simple".<<

Perhaps by then he will also have an automated video camera system?

bob>>For me, I am light years better than I was 10 years ago and I hope to
continue to progress in the years to come. Bringing this full circle,
would I continue to record all of this data if it were not enjoyable?
Does recording one or two more aspects of meteors turn it into a chore?
Not in the least as it has become second nature for me and it can become
second nature for anyone truly interested in progressing to the next
level.<<

For some reason this sorta reminds me a little what someone from Heaven's
Gate would say?  :o)
GeoZay